420PEOPLE is a collective of artists who insist on the values of exceptional quality of performance and professionalism. Their pieces are playful and courageous, bringing on stage a wide vocabulary of contemporary dance. Improvisation is a natural part of their creation and so is informal dialogue with the spectator in the form of after-show discussions.
420PEOPLE that is, above all, Václav Kuneš together with his colleagues from diverse art‘s fields they carry out their artistic vision and effort to produce works of the label Made By Czech that are nevertheless proud and integral parts of the international dance scene.
DANCE ZONE (4/2023)
Gates of Perception: The Universe Called 420PEOPLE
The 420PEOPLE brand celebrates fifteen years!
“Our lives become more tangible through contemporary dance... There is nothing like the feeling when you dance. It’s life, and you live it with us!”
Václav Kuneš, choreographer, dancer and artistic director of 420PEOPLE
420PEOPLE is a contemporary dance company and a “brand”. Under the leadership of its artistic director Václav Kuneš, the company presents a unique contemporary dance vocabulary in performances and original choreographies by contemporary artists (Václav Kuneš, Sylva Šafková) with a modern interpretive and professional level... An introductory text to the profile of the 420PEOPLE group and interviews with its members and fellow birders.
- Václav Kuneš: The 420PEOPLE Brand Celebrates Fifteen Years
- Lucie Němečková: Going Inwards Rather than Outwards Will Be Crucial (Interview with Václav Kuneš, choreographer, dancer and founder & artistic director of 420PEOPLE.)
- Václav Kuneš: A Company Does Not Consist of only Two Dancers
- Vladimír Hulec: The Desire to Live and Work at Home (Interview with dancer and choreographer and also production and manager Nataša Novotná, who – together with Václav Kuneš – is the co-founder of the group 420PEOPLE, of which she was a member until 2017.
- Lucie Němečková: I am Free to Do what (Interview with dancer Sylva Šafková.)
- Lucie Němečková: If you Want to Dance Well, you Have to Dance a lot (Interview with dancer Filip Staněk.)
- Lucie Němečková: To Find a Way to Joy through Dance (Interview with dancer Francesca Amy Amante.)
- Lucie Němečková: I Prefer to be on Stage with Someone Rather Than Alone (Interview with creation of performances, and lecturer and instructor of contemporary dance workshops and contact improvisation classes for professional dancers Helena Arenbergerová.)
- Lucie Němečková: Costumes Dance Too (Interview with leading Czech stylist Ola Křížová, since 2012 collaborator of the 420PEOPLE ensemble.)
- Lucie Němečková: Being True to the Body and Dance (Interview with dancer Veronika Tököly.)
- Lucie Němečková: Dance Stands on the Fringe (An interview with dancer and choreographer Simona Machovičová.)
PRESS & PARTNERS
LOGO 420PEOPLE for download
The company’s activities in 2023 are supported with a 1,700,000 CZK grant from the City of Prague and with grant from the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic, Prague 1, Prague 7 & Art District 7, Václav Dejčmar. In collaboration with the Studio Maiselovka. We kindly thank our generous partners for their support.